Organization: SWAP (Sharing With Appalachian People)
Date: August 5-10
Trip is full
What will we be doing?
We will serve alongside SWAP (Sharing With Appalachian People), helping them repair homes for low-income families. SWAP preselects all clients and work projects, providing building materials to complete the projects. Many of these projects involve new roofs, repairing flooring, building porches with steps, and more. Along with hard labor, the SWAP staff will facilitate evening worship and study sessions. Be prepared for a busy schedule, working hard from sunrise to sunset!
What is included?
Lodging and meals. Feel free to bring extra spending money for souviners, but it is not required!
- Each team member is responsible for his/her cost of the trip.
- A non-refundable deposit will be required in order to commit to the trip. Failure to pay the deposit may result in being removed from the trip. The team leader will notify individuals of the deposit cost and due date.
- The total cost of the trip will be paid in increments. If there is an issue meeting any of these deadlines don't be afraid to reach out to us. We would love to try to work something out with you!
- There are two meetings before the trip that you are required to attend. The meetings are a crucial point in your journey of stepping out to serve. We will answer any questions you have as well as give important, relevant information about the trip.
- Team commissioning will be during both gatherings at 8:30am & 10:30am. We require each team member to attend. Your team leader will inform you of the date.
*If you are under the age of 15, you must be accompanied by a parent or guardian on this trip or have parental consent.
No, you do not need to be a partner of Grace to sign up.
Anyone under the age of 18 must have parental consent to participate on a trip. Otherwise, all individuals are welcome to join. However, some trip organizations may have an age limit. Refer to the individual trip for more information.
Each mission trip will vary along with travel time. Please refer to the individual trip dates.
If we did not answer your questions about the trip, please contact us for more details.